Do you have a heart for people? Are you interested in LOCAL, NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS? Come hear about some EXCITING opportunities God may be placing in our path. Let's use the gifts GOD has given us and make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of others!
MISSIONS AT HARVEST ARE A RESPONSE TO THE CALL GIVEN BY CHRIST:
TO BE HIS WITNESSES AND TO MAKE DISCIPLES TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.
- Global Missions: Center on efforts to establish, strengthen and multiply the local, indigenous church through the planting of Harvest Bible Chapels around the world.
- Short-term Missions: Focus on mobilizing our church body toward greater involvement in the Great Commission in partnership with Harvest church plants in North America and internationally.
- In every aspect of missions: We seek to glorify God, through the fulfillment of the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment, by equipping and sending forth disciple-makers.
Prayer—The foundation for all our Missions efforts. Matthew 9:37-38; Acts 13:2
Church Planting—Our focus is on ministries that plant and assist in strengthening & multiplying churches. Matthew 16:18
National Workers—Partnering with national pastors and leaders to assist in church planting. 3 John 1:5-8
Discipleship—Developing quality disciples. 2 Timothy 2:2; Matthew 28:19-20
People-focused—Seeking God to raise up and equip laborers. Acts 9:15; Romans 10:14-15
Holistic Ministry—Meeting physical needs as we address spiritual needs of people. Matthew 25:34-46
When: April 22 - May 2
Where: Transkei Region of South Africa. Town is called Mthatha
1. Building 3 housing units onto a pastor's home that he will be able to rent out to provide income for his ministry.
2. Evangelism. We'll go door to door with local church folks to invite people to church. That culture is not like ours in that they love and welcome random guests into their homes.
3. Training. We'll conduct some leadership and doctrinal training of the pastors there.
Looking for: People unafraid to work hard and be used by Jesus. A few men with building trade experience but not everyone needs it. Men and women will be working alongside the pastor and church members in the building project. The Evangelism piece will be simple and no 'skills' needed but again a heart willing to be used. The Leadership and Doctrinal training will be done by people that have that skill but only a few will be doing that.
The team will be between 10-12 people beginning with College age.
We are partnering with a vibrant church planting organization in Southern Africa and praying for the Lord to lead in future trips. We are not looking for a one and done trip but an ongoing relationship. Pastor Jeff, Dale Hanssen and Bryan Ritz flew to South Africa last year to meet some of the Pastors, see the area and pray for the Lord's guidance.
A 30 minute information meeting February 3 & 4 in room 102 right after each service.